Saturday, December 6, 2008

westward ho part II...


PART II:
We arrived to a Jackson Hole with no snow, fell asleep at our cozy bed and breakfast (where we are the only guests! Fantastic!) and awoke to a fresh blanket of snow. Just enough to do all the winter activities I had hoped!

We first headed out on a hike through freshly fallen snow- the first to blaze the trail- among picturesque Aspen trees under an amazing view of the Teton Mountains. I later went show shoeing through the Old Teton Pass, closed in the 60's when they built the new road, and saved for hikers and cross country skiers. Downhill-skied at a resort in Idaho with fresh powder snow and hardly a tourist in sight (ahhhh). I have a feeling the winding, iced-over road to get there is deterrent, but it makes it more pleasant for the rest of us! All in all, enjoying fresh air, sunshine, snow, and amazing gourmet food at every restaurant we try. What’s not to love?

I have to say, some people seem to think enjoying the out-of-doors and looking great are mutually exclusive. I disagree. Check out my new fur-lined trapper hat I have been wearing all over the mountain. Staying warm never looked so good! (humble, huh???)

No comments:

Post a Comment