Monday, March 1, 2010

inspiration: florence, italy...

While looking through some photos from a recent trip to Italy, I came across these images of the Duomo in Florence and the view from the top of the dome. The sights, sounds and smells of this day are all fresh in my memory. We had just left an amazing cafe serving pesto pea pizzas and buffalo mozzarella that was more similar to ice cream than cheese. As an art history major, I was soaking up all of the art and architecture. The climb to the top of the dome did a hat trick on my claustrophobia, but the view from the top was worth every moment stuck in a cramped large, spiraling staircase between the inner and outer domes.

Inspired by the colors of these images- the soft grays, pale green, terracotta, and loads of white- I put together this sampling of Cerulean. You can call it, living in images of Florence.


No comments:

Post a Comment