Monday, April 27, 2009

best job in the world…




I have mistakenly been under the impression that I have the best job in the world. Think about it- I get to shop for beautiful things all across the world and share them with all of my friends (and fans of Cerulean). I get to write about my adventures, interview designers, and help people find the perfect outfit for the special occasions in their life! I am surrounded by beautiful things all day long and spend hours talking and writing about all of it.

But as I said, I was mistaken. I have just found THE BEST job in the world, and they’ve been taking applications.

Im afraid you are too late if you want to apply, however. Sadly, I bring you this news just a bit too late. Good thing, or I would have applied and left the Cerulean life behind in a heartbeat! The islands of the Great Barrier Reef in Australia are looking for a “caretaker”. I use the term caretaker loosely, because it seems to me that all that is required of you is to enjoy everything the Great Barrier Reef has to offer, and then report back about how great it is. Snorkel and dive, hike and explore, soak up endless hours of down-under sunshine… and then blog about it, give a phone interview about it, share with the world the fabulosity of it all! What a deal.

I visited the Whitsunday Islands several years ago (the name of that string of islands around The Great Barrier Reef) and was blown away by their beauty. Endless hours of snorkeling and tranquility are offered to those who hop the boat for the jaunt from the mainland. I stayed on an island with one tiny hotel, nothing more, and hiked the length of the island on both sides without once crossing paths with another soul. As fabulous as my trip was, it pales in comparison to the three-bedroom house on glamorous Hamilton Island where the “caretaker” will keep his “office”.

They’ve narrowed down the applicants to a sweet sixteen and will pick the finalist soon. But the good news is that he or she can bring a friend… there is till hope for us all!

The above images are from the job's website. I'm trying to track down the photo album from my own trip to the Great Barrier Reef (including some horrendous pictures of me trying to windsurf (classic) but as yet no luck. Will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment