Wednesday, June 30, 2010

wild west, here we come...

We're heading out for a last minute fourth of July trip to Yellowstone, and I'm so excited to get some sunshine and cool weather in such a beautiful place! Horse back riding, hiking, and hopefully some delicious local food- maybe even a rodeo or two!- are all in store for my holiday weekend. I can't think of a more all-American location to spend such a patriotic and festive holiday! A friend we will be visiting sent some pictures to whet the appetite and we had to share them- gorgeous!

Here is what I'm bringing along... you don't have to sacrifice style to make it in the wild frontier. Understated, rustic accessories will top my favorite jeans and a classic shirt. We'd use belts and one simple piece of jewelry to set off our cowboy boots! Nothing too fussy or over the top. And throw in a warm pom pom scarf for nights out or a cotton throw for those chilly nights watching the stars.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous pics! This post is ironic to me because Jason and I just made a crazy impulse buy and bought a little retro travel camper like the one in your pic! (sans faux wood siding)
    I'll send you some pics!

    ReplyDelete